Beautiful Setting in Chamarande, France


Chamarande is a commune of Essonne department in the southern suburbs of Paris. Initially, this village was named Bonnes. In 1685, d'Ornaison family, the owner of the village and its château, gained permission from the French king to change the name to Chamarande. A later owner, the Duc de Persigny, was Minister of the Interior under Napoléon III and a financial backer of the building of the Paris-Orléans rail station in the village, today an RER C station.

Powered by Blogger.